Who We’re Looking For
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer, you will join our collaborative Product and Engineering team at HUVRdata to develop a wide array of new features and help drive technical direction for our projects. You should be able to take on medium to large tasks independently and have instincts on how to architect software and how to break down a problem into smaller parts. You are excited to help other software engineers learn and grow, and are eager to help foster a healthy team culture. You will work with product managers, designers and other engineers to clarify requirements and execute thoughtful delivery of features. You also have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
If this is you, we’d love to hear from you.
Challenges on which you can expect to work:
- Building Product Features
- We’re a startup with a long product roadmap. You’ll be working with a team to make the roadmap a reality.
- Build software that works in a disconnected world.
- Develop new product features using Python and frameworks like Django.
- Have the option to cross train in other parts of the stack, or even work in ad hoc teams on Special Projects
- Work with product development and solve complex technical challenges.
- Develop fellow teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities.
- Ensure software is secure, maintainable and extensible, and help foster best practices.
- Work with robot manufacturers on methods for integration.
- Leave code in a better place than it was when you started;
- Encourage automation and continuous improvement
We’re Seeking Someone Who Has:
- A desire and willingness to learn
- Initiative and motivation to make things happen
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of backend software development
- Significant professional experience with Python and Django
- Passion for high quality code and test driven development
- Ability to partner with Product and Quality personnel to produce the highest quality end product
- Expertise in data/software architecture with ability to build configurable systems to meet a variety of customer needs.
- Experience building real-world systems for large enterprise or government customers.
- Experience building disconnected applications
What We Can Offer To You:
- A chance to make a significant impact as part of a small, growing team.
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- Great benefits
- Choose your own computer setup
- Work from your location
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HUVRdata does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.